Rhodes Island Greece
Director: Mr. Panagiotis Pagonidis
Rhodes (or Rhodos or Rodos) island in Greece is one of the Mediterranean's most popular resorts and a perennial holiday favourite for any lifestyle
By far the largest island of the Dodecanese, also known as the "Island of the Sun God Helios", Rhodes combines a variety of characteristics that make it unique as a travel destination. Rhodes reveals itself to the eyes of the visitor as a magnificent explosion of colors and activities that combine a mix of interesting sights and relaxation, unique nature, learning and entertainment.
Tourism on Rhodes has a long tradition. Ever since the Italians replaced the Turks as the dominant power in the south-eastern Aegean in 1912, and after the island was returned to Greece in 1947, Rhodes has been gradually turned into an attractive tourist destination by continuous investments in tourism infrastructure, making the island one of the most highly organized travel destinations in Greece. Its beautiful beaches, its state-of-the-art buildings and hotels, its picturesque districts, its medieval buildings, its archaeological sites and its rich history contribute to its reputation as one of the most interesting and attractive urban centers of the Mediterranean region. Visit: https://rhodos.gr https://www.rhodesguide.com/
We expect that the 1st International festival in the area, in official cooperation with the Municipality of Rhodos, will have big success and will provide to the participants opportunities to learn about different cultures and people, create new friendships, exchange experiences and contacts with other folk groups. Furthermore, during your stay you will have the pleasure to enjoy the Greek hospitality, the crystal blue sea and a bright Greek sun.
Participants in the festival:
Traditional folk dance groups and folk song groups/choir/.
- Classical or Marching Band and Majorettes/Orchestras
Conditions for participation:
- Number and age of participants is not limited.
- Number of participating groups is limited.
- Each group should bring a flag of their country and if available, a board with the name of their group.
- The group should prepare from 10 to12 minutes program accompanied by their own orchestra or CD/FLASH.
- 102 Euro per person in Hotels 2* (Hotel Parthenon 2* plus) http://www.parthenon-hotel.eu
- 125 Euro per person in Hotels 3* (Hotel Athena) http://athena-hotel.rhodes.hotels-rhodes.net
- 172 Euro per person in Hotels 5* (Hotel Rodos Palace) https://www.rodos-palace.gr/
Participation fee includes:
- 4 days (3 nights), breakfasts all days and one dinner - in double/triple bed rooms.
- Free transport from your hotel to the performance place.
- Free Traditional party with food, drink, all kinds of music, traditional dance lessons and gifts.
- Every 30 participants, one is free.
Participation fee does not include:
- Prolonged stay, each day costs 40€ in 2-3* & 57€ in 4-5* Hotel per person, with breakfast.
- Optional Tours. Seasonal prices vary according to the number of participants. Such tours will be available at your convenience. Special list of daily excursions will be delivered one month before arrival.
- Medical services must be covered by the group. It’s on their responsibility.
Program of the festival:
30/4/2020: Day of arrival - Check in at hotel from 01:00 p.m. – The rest of the total amount for the group, must be paid on this day - A detailed program and a person in charge will be provided to each group. Free time for rest, optional activities, explore the Island, swimming and walk to the market and clubs.
1/5/2020: Breakfast - Free day from morning till noon – Optional excursion – Party (Glenti) free charge at 08:30 p.m. for all the groups with traditional Greek and European music and dances – dance lessons, gifts and certificates from FOLKWAY Organization - Your dinner will be served in party place.
2/5/2020: Breakfast – Optional excursion - Departure from hotel at 7:00 p.m. dressed in traditional costumes and transfer to the place where the show will be held. Gifts will be offered to you by the local Municipality during the performance. During the performance water and traditional Greek delicacies - sweets will be offered.
3/5/2020: Breakfast - Departure of the groups.
* Certificates of participation will be given
** Official Invitation letter will be provided and any help for visa documents if requested by the group.
*** Participation without using our accommodation can be discussed.
**** The program of the festival could be changed by the organizers, should is needed
***** We can arrange and give you offers for all your transfers.
****** We will send you proposal – offers for optional excursions
Any group willing to participate must submit an Application form.
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.
As a next step, 60% of the total amount should be paid before February 20th 2020, to secure your entry. Upon receiving your payment, an invitation letter will be sent to you. The rest of the total amount for the group must be received on the day of your arrival in Syros Island or by bank transfer in the same account 30 days before the arrival day. In case of cancellation no refund is given.