Prague Czech Republic
Adults Childrens's Competitive nature Dances Choirs / Songs Orchestras Habits
Director: Julia Tomachkova
"PRAGUE STARS" is a prestigious international art festival and competition, which is held in Prague. The first stars of the "PRAGUE STARS" began to shine on the Prague’s cultural sky in 2005. The festival is an important event in the cultural life of Prague with high recognition and wide geography of the participating countries. Famous Czech and foreign cultural and art workers are invited as honored members of the international jury.
The main message of the 32. International Folklore, Dance and Music Festival and Competition "PRAGUE STARS" is the search for new talents, "Prague's stars" among children and youth ensembles and soloists, establishment of international friendly and creative contacts, enrichment of the multinational culture on the basis of mutual respect for the cultural traditions of all the countries and nations of the world, popularization the children’s and youth creative work, sharing experiences and creative achievements of participants from different countries, improvement of professional skills and qualifications of teachers and leaders.
37. International Folklore, Dance and Music Festival and Competition “PRAGUE STARS” is determined for soloists, ensembles and groups of young performers from different countries of the world. The competitive program of the participants is approved by the Organizing Committee on the basis of applications received. The schedule of the competitive programme for all participants is determined in advance and depends on the age of the participants. All participants should prepare a competitive program within the time limits specified for each competitive discipline: 5 minutes for soloists, duets and small formations and 10-15 minutes for ensembles and groups.
Participants of the International Folklore, Dance and Music Festival and Competitions “PRAGUE STARS” are divided in the following age categories:
- MINI KIDS - from 6 to 8 years,
- CHILDREN - from 9 to 12 years,
- JUNIORS 1 - from 13 to 15 years,
- JUNIORS 2 - from 16 to 18 years,
- ADULTS 1 - from 19 years to 25 years,
- ADULTS 2 - from 26 years and older,
- SENIORS - from 50 years and older,
- Mixed age group.
The Organizing Committee awards diplomas of participation, diplomas of Laureate of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd grades, Winner of the Grand Prix and festival medals to all participants. Ensembles and groups of 3 or more persons receive one big cup or trophy of the festival and Diploma, soloists and duets receive one small cup or trophy of the festival and Diploma. The absolute Winner of the festival receives the Grand Prix of the festival and Diploma Grand Prix. All teachers, choreographers, group and ensemble leaders also receive the Diplomas of Festival.
Main technical requirements:
2nd day, 11.08.2023 – breakfast in the hotel.
For organized groups (more than 40 persons) guided walking sightseeing tour “PRAGUE GRAND CITY TOUR” around the historical center of PRAGUE CASTLE and OLD TOWN: Royal Palace, St. Vitus Cathedral, St. George Monastery, Golden Lane, medieval Charles Bridge, Old Town Square surrounded by Old Town Hall with its famous Astronomical Clock, Tyn and St. Nicholas Churches, Wenceslas Square with St. Wenceslas statue and the National Museum (duration – 3,5 hrs). Transportation from hotel to the PRAGUE city center and back is not included!
Optional: in the evening – Evening Boat Cruise on the Vltava river (20 EURO per person)
3rd day, 12.08.2023 – breakfast in the hotel.
FESTIVAL DAY PROGRAMME according competitive disciplines: stage testing, sound check, general rehearsal.
OPENING CEREMONY, performances of the participants.
GALA CONCERT of WINNERS and AWARDING CEREMONY.
Return to the hotel. Dinner in the hotel.
Overnight in Prague.
Transportation services from hotel to CONCERT HALL and back are not included to the price!
**On demand it is possible to organize transportation from Hotel to Concert Hall and back by contacting and sending official request to the Organizing Committee.
4th day, 13.08.2023 – breakfast in the hotel.
Check out from the hotel. Departure of the participants from Prague.
- 115 Euro per person - 3 HB in 3*** Hotel
- every 21st person in the group is free of charge (20 paying participants + 1 free)
Participation fee includes:
- 3 overnights in PRAGUE in hotel cat. 3*
- Meals: HALF BOARD (3x buffet breakfast and 3x dinner)
- Accommodation in MULTI-BEDDED ROOMS (TRPL or QDRPL). We give 1 DBL/TWIN for group leaders (groups less than 40 persons) and 2 DBL (group more than 40 persons) More Double rooms are possible for Extra SUPPLEMENT / See Additional Payment
- Walking guided sightseeing tour around Prague “PRAGUE GRAND CITY TOUR” (only for group more than 40 persons)
- OFFICIAL LETTER OF INVITATION and other documents
- PERFORMACE IN COMPETITIVE FESTIVAL PROGRAMME
- DIPLOMAS, PRIZES and MEDALS
Participation fee does not include:
- TOURIST TAX: 2,00 EURO per person a night
- EXTRA OVERNIGHT IN HOTEL: 35 EURO per person a night with HB
- Extra payment for DBL or TWIN accommodation: +20 EURO per person to Festival price
- Extra payment for SNGL accommodation: +50 EUR per person to Festival price
- LUNCHES in PRAGUE: 12-15 EURO per person / 1 lunch
- TRANSFERS IN PRAGUE: from hotel to Concert Hall and back, from Airport to hotel and back
- TRAVEL EXPENSES (COVID PASS, PCR tests, transportation of participants to / from Prague, transfers in Prague, travel insurance, entrance visa to Czech Republic for participants from non-Schengen countries), lunches, entrance tickets to sightseeing objects, tickets to public traffic, optional excursions
- On demand it is possible to organize Extra Payment Services connected to transportation from Airport to the hotel and back, from Hotel to Concert Hall and back, Meeting at the airport by the Festival Stuff, Changing the offered hotel to higher class or booking additional services by contacting and sending official request to the Organizing Committee