Paralia Katerini - Olympic Beach (Olympus Riviera) Greece
Director: Panagiotis Pagonidis
The Municipality of Katerini, in the Region Unit of Pieria, and the mayor Konstantinos Koukodimos, is welcoming you and your group to the “7th International Cultural Festival”, which will be held from June 30th to July 5th 2022, at the seaside towns of Paralia and Olympic Beach. The festival is organized by the Municipality of Katerini in cooperation with “Folkway by Propantos, Event Planning Co”, and the “Open Ways, Culture and Travel Co”. This is the only one international cultural festival in the area/Municipality, which is officially organized by the local authorities and Greek local companies – associations with quality standards and great respect for tradition and culture.
The festival will be held in Pieria (Paralia Katerini and Olympic Beach), the land of the ancient Thracian tribe “Pieres” and the Muses, at the base of famous Mount Olympus. The surrounding area is the mythological residence of the ancient Greek pantheon, close to the exquisite coasts of the blue Aegean Sea – Olympus Riviera. The pleasant Mediterranean climate and hospitality of the people is a guarantee for a memorable stay in our municipality. It is an ideal tourist destination, with archaeological, cultural, religious and environmental interest.
- Traditional folk-dance groups and folk song groups
- Classical or Marching Bands
Number and age of participants is not limited. Number of participating groups is limited.
Each group should bring a flag of their country and if available, a board/banner with the name of their group.
The group should prepare 15-minute programs accompanied by their own orchestra or music on CD/FLASH.
Participants, if possible, should provide some photos and videos with a brief history of the group. These materials will be used for promotional, publication and advertising purposes.
The registration form must be sent by April 10th, 2022, to confirm participation.
- 162 Euro per person in 1* and 2* hotels.
- 194 Euro per person in 3* hotels.
- 257 Euro per person in 4* hotels
- Only participation: 30 Euro per person (Does not include accommodation and party).
Participation fee includes:
6 days (5 nights) accommodation, half board (breakfast and dinner in triple rooms) in selected quality hotels by the seaside of Pieria – Olympus Riviera, in Paralia Beach, Olympic Beach and Korinos Beach.
Participation in the festival.
Certificates, memorial gifts, photos, video.
Traditional Greek Party and Greek dance lessons exclusively for all the participated groups in the event hall of hotel MEDITERRANEAN VILLAGE 5*.
Leader’s meeting (coffee –gifts – round table).
Local delicacies and refreshments will be served during the performances.
For groups of every 25 participants, 26th is serviced free of charge
Participation fee does not include:
- Additional days. The costs for extra stay are:
- 32 Euro per person, per day in 1*- 2* hotels (half board in triple rooms).
- 37 Euro per person, per day in 3* hotels.
- 51 Euro per person, per day in 4* hotels.
- Accommodation in double rooms, in case of availability is an additional 6 € to 9 €/ person / day.
- Optional Tours: Seasonal prices will be fixed according to the number of participants. Daily tours will be available at your convenience and a special list of them will be send to you one month before arrival.
- First aid and emergency support will be provided, but medical services must be covered by the group. The participant’s safety is his/her personal responsibility. Groups are advised to have Medical Insurance Coverage prior to departure from their home countries.
Any remaining balance must be paid this day in cash.
20:30: Experience the Greek way of parties (glenti). A welcome party with traditional Greek and European music, traditional dance lessons and gifts will be offered for free to the participated groups by the “PROPANTOS – FOLKWAY” events company. Each group will have the opportunity to dance with the other groups their own dances, accompanied by their musicians. Dinner with drinks and local delicacies will be served at the party place.
to the groups by the Mayor or Deputy Mayor of Culture of the Municipality of Katerini before the performance. During the performance refreshments will be served.
7:00 p.m.: Transfer from the hotel to the festival venue (central square of Olympic Beach). You must be dressed in your traditional costumes. Gifts will be offered to the groups by the Municipality of Katerini before the performance. During the performance refreshments will be served.
Transfer and optional excursions offer, and booking can be given after request from the organizer.
- Hiking on Mt. Olympus
- Cruise to the beautiful Central and South Pieria coastline
- City of Thessaloniki
- Islands Skiathos and Skopelos,
- Meteora. (Monasteries)
- Archaeological sites of Dion and Vergina.
- Traditional Greek villages
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.