Olympus Riviera - Central Pieria Greece
Director: Panagiotis Pagonidis
This is the only one international cultural festival in the area under the auspices of the Region Unit of Pieria and the local Municipality, in cooperation with Greek local companies – associations, with quality standards and great respect for tradition and culture.
The festival will be held in Pieria (Paralia Katerini and Olympic Beach), the land of the ancient Thracian tribe “Pieres” and the Muses, at the base of famous Mount Olympus. The surrounding area is the mythological residence of the ancient Greek pantheon, close to the exquisite coasts of the blue Aegean Sea – Olympus Riviera. The pleasant Mediterranean climate and hospitality of the people is a guarantee for a memorable stay in our municipality. It is an ideal tourist destination, with archaeological, cultural, religious and environmental interest.
Our previous Festivals in North, Central and South Pieria were extremely successful as we welcomed groups and representatives from more than ten countries in each Festival. We expect that the 20th International festival in Pieria and 8th in central area of Pieria, will have greater success and will provide the participants opportunities to learn about different cultures and people, create new friendships, exchange experiences and contacts with other groups. Furthermore, during your stay you will have the pleasure to enjoy the Greek hospitality, the crystal blue sea and a bright Greek sun. The participants will also have the opportunity for sightseeing tour and for more excursions such us: visit to an exhibition of “Traditional Products & Handicraft”, local events like wine tasting, traditional Greek cooking, traditional Greek dance lessons, demonstration of local history and customs.
Type of groups that can participate:
- Traditional folk-dance groups and folk song groups
- Classical or Marching Bands
Number and age of participants is not limited. Number of participating groups is limited.
Each group should bring a flag of their country and if available, a board/banner with the name of their group.
The group should prepare 15-minute programs accompanied by their own orchestra or music on CD/FLASH.
Participants, if possible, should provide some photos and videos with a brief history of the group. These materials will be used for promotional, publication and advertising purposes.
150 Euro per person in 1* and 2* hotels.
- 188 Euro per person in 3* hotels.
- 285 Euro per person in 4* hotels
Participation fee includes:
- 5 days (4 nights) accommodation, half board (breakfast and dinner), in triple rooms and 2 double for the leaders (in 4* hotels all the rooms are double), in selected quality hotels by the seaside of Pieria – Olympus Riviera, in Paralia Beach, Olympic Beach and Korinos Beach. Of course, there is a possibility for prolonged stay.
- Participation in the festival.
- Certificates, memorial gifts, photos, video.
- Participation in traditional Greek Party (food and drink) and Greek dance lessons exclusively for all the participated groups in the event hall of hotel MEDITERRANEAN VILLAGE 5*.
- Leader’s meeting (coffee –gifts – round table).
- Local delicacies and refreshments will be served during the performances.
- For groups of every 25 participants, 26th is serviced free of charge
Participation fee does not include:
- Additional days. The costs for prolonged stay are:
- 36 Euro per person, per day in 1*- 2* hotels (half board in triple rooms).
- 45 Euro per person per day in 3* hotels
- 65 Euro per person per day in 4* hotels (half board in double rooms)
- Accommodation in extra double rooms in 1*,2*,3*, in case of availability is an additional 6 Euro to 9 Euro / person / day.
- Optional Tours: Seasonal prices will be fixed according to the number of participants. Daily tours will be available at your convenience and a special list of them will be send to you one month before arrival.
- First aid and emergency support will be provided, but medical services must be covered by the group. The participant’s safety is his/her personal responsibility. Groups are advised to have Medical Insurance Coverage prior to departure from their home countries.
Day of arrival - Check in at hotel from 02:00 p.m. Α representative of the organizers will meet you and give you a detailed schedule and all information’s needed.
A person in charge will be provided to each group.
Free time for optional activities like swimming, sports, shopping, clubbing.
Any remaining balance must be paid this day in cash.
Breakfast. Free day, from morning to noon, for a rest and optional activities. Optional specialized excursion: Visit to a landmark venue for tasting ouzo, tsipouro, wine accompanied by a lovely meal with local products.
20:30: Experience the Greek way of parties (glenti). A welcome party with traditional Greek and European music, traditional dance lessons and gifts will be offered for free to the participated groups by the “OPEN WAYS – FOLKWAY” events company. Each group will have the opportunity to dance with the other groups their own dances, accompanied by their musicians. Dinner with drinks and local delicacies will be served at the party place.
Breakfast. Free day, from morning to noon. Optional meeting and dance workshop with local Greek folk dance or music group at – on request, or Optional excursion (Sightseeing).
7:00 p.m.: Transfer from the hotel to the festival venue (central square of Paralia). You must be dressed in your traditional costumes. Gifts will be offered to the groups by the Mayor or Deputy Mayor of Culture of the local Municipality before the performance. During the performance refreshments will be served.
Breakfast. Official meeting of groups leaders with the Organizers (Coffee, drink and local delicacies will be served).
Optional excursion (Cruise to the beautiful Central and South Pieria coastline)
7:00 p.m.: Transfer from the hotel to the festival venue (central square of Olympic Beach). You must be dressed in your traditional costumes. Gifts will be offered to the groups by the representative of the local Municipality before the performance. During the performance refreshments will be served.
3/7/2023 (extra day)
The rest of the day is free for rest, shopping, swimming or Optional activities like an excursion in Pieria’s sightseeing (local tour visiting the most update and hip places for locals) organized by our office.
Breakfast - Departure of the groups.
- Certificates of participation will be given to each participant.
- Official invitation letter and other needed documents will be provided.
- The organizers reserve the right to alter or change the program, if needed, there will be a prior notification.
- Transfer and optional excursions offer, and booking can be given after request from the organizer.
- World famous Mount Olympus is your destination-waiting for you to explore its mythical paths and live your own myth.
- Cruise to the beautiful Central and South Pieria coastline (Olympus Riviera)
- City of Thessaloniki
- Beautiful Islands Skiathos and Skopelos,
- Meteora. (Monasteries)
- Archaeological sites of Dion and Vergina.
- Traditional Greek villages
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.