Ohrid North Macedonia
Director: Mr. Aleksandar Mojsoski
With pleasure we INVITE you (Folk and choral groups, orchestras, majorette teams), (children, youth and adults groups) to participate on II International music & folk - dance festival "OHRID PEARL" 18-22 June, Ohrid 2022.
Mission of the festivals are to celebrate special events, to bring together different cultures from all over the world through music, dance and traditional national costumes of the nations. The purpose of the festivals is presentation and affirmation of the different folklore dances, tradition, costumes and cultural heritage as well as presentation of the foreign folklore and culture in our country.
The participants will have the chance to meet new friends from different countries, enjoy the beauties of our amazing city, learn a lot about the folklore and tradition of other countries and celebrate life, friendship and love through music and various dances, exchange experience and information’s, getting new friendships, get to know new places.
Ohrid City is the perfect place where people from all around the world will gather together to present their folklore and show to the world what makes them special and unique. If you want to be part of this event, please fill in the application form for participation (below) and be our guests this year!
Welcome to Ohrid! Our visitors says welcome to the Pearl on the Balkans. Ohrid is a blend of the traditional and the contemporary, the main spiritual, cultural and touristic center in Macedonia, a UNESCO World Heritage site as a cultural, and with the Ohrid Lake as a natural rarity.
The numerous historical monuments found in their close surrounding speak of the tradition and dedication of the Macedonian people. Ohrid has been a living town for 2400 years, notable for having 365 churches, one for each day of the year, and is referred to as the Macedonian Jerusalem. Archaeological finds indicate that Ohrid is one of the oldest human settlements in all of Europe.
Lake Ohrid rightly deserves the name “Macedonia’s freshwater sea”. It haves crystal clear water in color of the sky blue. Actually because of its size, this lake gives an impression of being a sea. With its unique flora and fauna the lake is one of the largest biological reserves in Europe.
For more information you can visit: www.ohridinfo.mk
18 June 2022
13.00 Arriving in Ohrid, hotel accommodation after the meeting with the festival representatives and free time
19.00 – 20.00 Diner in hotel
21.00 Welcome reception with the leaders of the groups
19 June 2022
08.00 – 10.00 Breakfast
10.00 – 15.00 Ohrid sightseeing with organized local tour guides - visiting cultural monuments (Samoil fortress, Antique theatre, Plaosnik, St. Kaneo church …)
17.30 – 18.30 Diner in hotel
19.00 Ensemble parade and Official festival evening
20 June 2022
08.00 – 10.00 Breakfast
11.00 – 17.00 Cruising with boat on Ohrid Lake, Visiting Museum on water and visit most famous tourist resort St.Naum (optional 8euro per person)
18.00 – 19.00 Diner in hotel
19.30 Second festival evening (Optional)
21 June 2022
08.00 – 10.00 Breakfast
10.00 – 14.00 Visiting Struga city with organized guide and the Kalista monastery complex which is situated near to Struga city.
19.00 – 20.30 Diner in hotel
21.00 Closing ceremony of the festival – certificates and presents for ensembles by organizer, exchange presents between leaders of ensembles and final party with all participants
22 June 2022
08.00 – 10.00 Breakfast
General rules for participation:
- In the festival can participate folklore groups, orchestras, majorettes, modern dance groups, choirs, music bands from all over the world.
- Non-competitive sample of traditional and modern dances, choral groups, majorette teams, orchestras, brass bands.
- Any group willing to participate must submit an Application form. All filled in and signed applications will mean acceptance of the terms laid by the present regulation. The application is guaranteed by the advance payment amounting to 10% of the overall cost. This amount will not be refunded in the event of renunciation of participation.
- The number of the participants are limited (only 3 groups from each country).
- Ensemble should have prepared at least 2 dances, 10-15 minutes each with USB or orchestra. The performances will be in the evening hours so you can plan the day ahead and use it for visiting the historical part of the city.
- To send us short CV and 2 – 3 photos of the group by e-mail.
- Until 10th of May 2021 each group should send the list of participants, name/surname, sex, date of birth and passport number.
- To take a flag of the country.
- Folklore groups should have their own transport for arrival and departure.
63 Euro per person for 3 half-boards (2 meals per day) in Villas & Apartments.
79 Euro per person for 4 half-boards (2 meals per day) in Villas & Apartments.
75 Euro per person for 3 half-boards (2 meals per day) in 3* hotel
95 Euro per person for 4 half-boards (2 meals per day) in 3* hotel
90 Euro per person for 3 half-boards (2 meals per day) in 4* hotel
- 120 Euro per person for 4 half-boards (2 meals per day) in 4* hotel
- 110 Euro per person for 3 half-boards (2 meals per day) in 4* hotel
- 140 Euro per person for 4 half-boards (2 meals per day) in 4* hotel
On your request you can stay longer in Ohrid, Macedonia. Every day of stay longer before or after festival has to be paid 20-35 euro/per person for accommodation in 2*, 3* or 4* hotels…
Participation fee Includes:
- Participation in the festival concerts,
- Accommodation in the selected category of hotels (mostly 3-4 bedded rooms, supplement for a double room is 5€/person/day, supplement for single room is 10 €/person/day),
- Half-board hotel accommodation
- Welcome cocktails with the leaders of the groups
- Souvenir and gift for each group
- Certificate for attendance
- Drinks during the performance
- For 23 dancers 1 free of charge
Participation fee does not include:
- Оptional Programs
- What is not specified in the above mentioned “the fee includes”
Organizers keep the right to change program of the festival. After Groups arrived in Hotel will be given detailed program of the festival and each group will have guide during festival.
Groups arriving by plane will be transported from the hotels with organized buses and will be accompanied to their departure in the same conditions. The transfer from the airport to the hotel and back is paid additionally.
By applying you confirm that you accept all festival conditions. All detailed information will be supply after your confirmation for participations. Invitation letter will be provided if needed.
On your request you can stay longer in Ohrid, Macedonia. Every day of stay longer before or after festival has to be paid 32 euro/per person for accommodation in 3*** hotel…
THE NUMBER OF SEATS IS LIMITED!
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.