Director: Mr. Aleksandar Mojsoski
With pleasure we INVITE you (Folk and Choral groups, orchestras, majorette teams), (children, youth and adults groups) to participate on I international music & folk - dance festival "PARALIA SUMMER FEST" 04 – 08 June 2021, Paralia, Katerini, Greece.
This festival is the perfect occasion for different groups from various countries to gather together so that they could express their culture and nation through dances, music and interesting national costumes. The main idea of the organizers is to bring to the festival different choirs, folklore and modern dance groups, majorette teams and brass bands and orchestras from different countries and different parts of the world and to give them the exclusive opportunity to display their creativity on the stage. The participants will have the opportunity to meet new people, establish new friendships and learn about different cultures and traditions. The idea of the festival is to develop communication and dialogue between diverse cultures, by nurturing tradition, as well as modern dance and music styles.
Paralia (Greek: Παραλία) is a tourist seaside village and a former municipality in the eastern part of the Pieria regional unit, Greece. Since the 2011 local government reform it is part of the municipality Katerini, of which it is a municipal unit. The seat of the municipality was in Kallithea. The 2011 census reported a population of 1,124 for the village of Paralia, and 6,803 for the municipal unit. The community of Paralia covers an area of 1,849 km2. This idyllic, exotic and remote seaside place is the ideal escape for those who like long sandy beaches, relaxation and enjoyment. It is a destination designed to offer everything you need for the perfect vacation. In the evenings you can walk the streets of Paralia and enjoy the light of many shops, inviting you to forget about your worries and cares and to enjoy the colors and the glitter of all of the nice things that you can buy.
04 June 2021
14.00 – Arriving in Paralia, hotel accommodation and meeting with the festival representatives, free time (beach time)
18.00 – 20.00 Dinner in hotel
21.00 – Welcome reception with the leaders of the groups
05 June 2021
08.00 – 10.00 Breakfast
11.00 – 16.00 Boat excursion in the blue waters of Thermaikos Gulf, (15 euro per person) (including lunch and drinks on the boat) (optional)
09:00 – Start from the port of Paralia.
10:30 – We will make a 30 min. stop on the opened sea in the high of the beach of PLAKA. Here you can swim in the crystal clear water.
11:00 – We are taking you with the small boat to the VARIKO beach, where the captain will prepare a lunch for you around
12:45 – (Grilled fish, greek salad and to drink juice or wine and ouzo). The rest of the time at the Variko beach you can spend with taking a walk, swimming, collecting shells.
14:00 – Leaving the Variko beachparalia
15:00 – Making a stop on the opened sea with a possibility to swim.
15:30 – Return to the port of Paralia.
17.00 – 18.00 Dinner in hotel.
19.00 – Ensemble parade and Official festival evening in the square of the city
06 June 2021
08.00 – 10.00 Breakfast.
10.00 – 15.00 Meteori excursion with organized local tour guides, 210km OW – (one of the largest and most important complex of Greek Orthodox monasteries in Greece, build on natural sandstone rock pillars). Each group will go with their own bus. (optional) or free beach time.
17.00 – 18.00 Dinner in hotel.
19.30 – Second festival evening.
07 June 2021
08.00 – 10.00 Breakfast.
10.00 – Thessaloniki sightseeing with organized local tour guides, 99km OW (Optional) visiting the city filled with unique landmarks, white tower, many Byzantine churches, Aristotelous square etc. or time for individual activities (beach time, shopping…).
19.00 – 20.00 Dinner in hotel.
21.00 – Closing ceremony of the festival – certificates and presents for ensembles by organizer, exchange presents between leaders of ensembles and final party with all participants, discotheque with all the festival participants.
08 June 2021
08.30 – 10.00 Breakfast.
12.00 – Departure.
General rules for participation:
- In the festival can participate folklore groups, orchestras, majorettes, modern dance groups, choirs, music bands from all over the world.
- Non-competitive sample of traditional and modern dances, choral groups, majorette teams, orchestras, brass bands.
- Any group willing to participate must submit an Application form. All filled in and signed applications will mean acceptance of the terms laid by the present regulation.
- Ensemble should have prepared at least 2 dances, 10-15 minutes each with USB or orchestra. The performances will be in the evening hours so you can plan the day ahead and use it for visiting the historical part of the city.
- To send us short CV and 2 – 3 photos of the group by e-mail.
- Until 21st of April 2021 each group should send the list of participants, name/surname, sex, date of birth and passport number.
- To take a flag of the country.
- Folklore groups should have there own transport for arrival and departure.
- 73 Euro per person for 3 HB (3 nights with 2 meals per day)
- 95 Euro per person for 4 HB (4 nights with 2 meals per day)
- It covers hotel accommodation (leaders and drivers in 2 double rooms and others in triple and quadruple rooms) with 2 meals per day in 2* hotels and apartments in Paralia or Olympic Beach in Greece.
- 99 Euro per person for 3 HB (3 nights with 2 meals per day)
- 129 Euro per peron for 4 HB (4 nights with 2 meals per day)
Participation fee Includes:
- Participation in the festival concerts,
- Accommodation in 3* Hotels (3-4 bedded rooms),
- Half board accommodation
- Welcome cocktails with the leaders of the groups
- Souvenir and gift for each group
- Certificate for attendance
- Drinks during the performance
Participation fee does not include:
- Optional Programs
- What is not specified in the above mentioned “the fee includes”
Groups arriving by plane will be transported from the hotels with organized buses and will be accompanied to their departure in the same conditions. The transfer from the airport to the hotel and back is paid additionally.
By applying you confirm that you accept all festival conditions. All detailed information will be supply after your confirmation for participations. Invitation letter will be provided if needed.
THE NUMBER OF SEATS IS LIMITED!
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.