Director: Artur Nikiforov
The main events will take place on Baltic Pearl partner platforms — YouTube, VKontakte, Zoom and Facebook. All performances which you send us will be stream online. The international jury will evaluate in real-time. The festival ART Life allows to break the barriers between the countries and to learn and expose the culture of nations from around the world. There is no need for travel expenses, plane tickets and pay for a hotel.
During dance festival will be arranged online conference (webinar) on Zoom to discuss dance works with the jury, so dance group’s teachers will get a chance to ask a question in live broadcast.
The Grand Prix winner will be awarded a free trip to one of the next live International Dance Festival (in Saint Petersburg, Moscow, Tallinn, Riga and many other cities).
- Establishment of creative contacts, strengthening inter-regional relations and cooperation through the children's work, the formation of the creative potential of the younger generation
- Revival, preservation and development of national cultures and the strengthening of international cooperation
- Relationship with the best creative teams, promotion and popularization of choreography
- Providing methodological and advisory assistance in the field of choreography, the exchange of experience
- The support of the young, talented teens
- Bringing together all the dancers and teachers, located far from each other
Oleg Vinogradov (Saint Petersburg, Russia)
World renown choreographer, Member of CID UNESCO, Professor of choreographic art. He was an artistic director and chief choreographer at the Mikhailovsky Theatre (Saint Petersburg); directed such Russian ballet legends as Mikhail Baryshnikov, Natalia Makarova and Rudolph Nureyev
Sergey Medvedev (Saint Petersburg, Russia)
Producer, choreographer of contemporary dance, performer. Director of Physical Theatre PG PROJECT in Saint Petersburg, co-founder of theatre platform RESIDENCE, organizer of the children’s and teenagers’ dance camp PG CAMP
Olesya Prokhorenko (Saint Petersburg, Russia)
Associate Professor at the Department of Choreographic Art in Saint - Petersburg University of the Humanities and Social Sciences, Ph.D. in Art History, teacher of the discipline "Folk Dance" and “Stylized Folk Dance”
Conditions for participation:
- International Dance Festival is open for dance groups of different styles, ballet schools, soloists and duets. One dance group may participate in a few nominations and age divisions.
- There is no age limit for participants.
- All performers must be registered to the festival.
- For the participation you have to direct the video with your dances to e-mail of the organizers.
- The Application Form is available in electronic form on our homepage. Deadline for sending application form is 14 (th) September 2020. It is possible to correct the application form (only part about performances), but no later than 14 (th) September 2020. After we receive the completed application form, we contact you and send the confirmation.
- The total time of all videos of dance performances should not be over 15 minutes.
- Accepted the following video files: MP4, MPEG4, MOV, AVI and WMV
- Video should be provided in good quality
- Video should be recorded no earlier than 1 year ago
- Videos can be recorded on the stage as well as in the rehearsal space (the dancers should be dressed in dance outfit)
- Each video should contain only one dance performance
- The dance performance should be recorded from the beginning to the end (without pause)
- Each participant must be clearly visible during all dances
- All rights to the video recordings received from the participants are reserved by dance Festival Committee.
- The amateur videos are accepted, if the videos correspond with all technical requirements
- The video files should be renamed with name of your group-nomination- dance performance
− Classical dance
− Сontemporary dance (modern dance, etc.)
− Folk dance
− Stylized folk dance
− Children’s dance
− Variety dance
− Street dance (Hip-Hop, house, techno, funk styles, etc.)
− Oriental dance
− Dance theatre
− Tap dance
Dance group may participate in several nominations.
Dance groups’ type:
- Dance ensemble (dance group)
- Petite – 4-6 years
- Junior – 7-10 years
- Teen – 11-14 years
- Senior – от 15-20 years
- Adult – 21 years and older (no age limited)
- Mixed group
- Performing skills-motion technique
- Compositional structure of programs
- Compliance with the repertoire of age peculiarities of artists
- Theatrical skills (plastic, costume, props, culture of performance)
- Selection and matching of musical and choreographic material
- Artistry, the disclosure of the artistic image
Final webinar with juries on 27 (th) September is a great way for teachers, solo artists and directors of dance schools to stay up to date with the latest developments in choreography and the opportunity to discuss each dance performance with experts.
The International Jury awards each dance group in each nomination and each age division based on the result protocols with Laureates I – III degrees and Diplomas I - III degrees.
- The Grand Prix winner will be awarded a free trip (including accommodation) to one of the next International Dance Festival (Art Planet in Saint Petersburg, Volga Cup in Kazan, Slavic Gems in Minsk, Baltic Palette in Tallinn or Kremlin Stars in Moscow)
- The prize for the best dance work - 10 000 RUB (or 125 EUR)
- The prize for high performing skills - 5 000 RUB (or 65 EUR)
- The prize to the winner in online voting in our official group in Facebook and VK
- Diploma for each participant. Gratitude letters for teachers and sponsors.
- The Juries may award a number of participants or the heads of dance groups (or teachers) with the following Diplomas: “Best ballet master work”, “Best virtuosity and dramatics», “Best contemporary work”
- Ensemble or Dance Group (from 4 to 20 participants) - 10 EUR per person
- Ensemble or Dance Group (more than 20 participants) - 8 EUR per person
- Solo (1 participant) - 35 EUR
- Duet (2 participants) - 50 EUR
Participation fee includes:
- Participation in the International dance festival ART Life including 15 min for all dance performances
- Diploma for each participant (in paper and eDiploma)
- Gratitude letters for teachers and sponsors (per email)
- Webinar on zoom with juries for teachers, solo artists and directors of dance schools - latest developments in choreography and discussing each dance performance with experts in live broadcast
- Feedback from the professional juries about each dance performance on webinar (if desired)
Additional (optional) services:
- Extra nominations, if your total dance time is over 15 min. – 12 EUR for every next performance or every next 5 min.
- The memorable presents (medals) for each participant – 4 EUR per person
- Mailing Paper Diplomas via EMS, Pony Express or DHL
- All registered applications will be processed by the organizing team. We will make a competitive program available for viewing three days before the festival.
- All the video presented in the competition will be streaming on our YouTube channel. You will receive a direct link after applying for participation.
- Dance sections will be formed according to nominations and age divisions. Before the competition each dance group will get an information letter with the schedule of sections.
- During the Dance Festival we will have a live streaming of the jury. The international jury will view and evaluate all performances (dance works) in real-time.
- We will also arrange an online conference (webinar) on zoom to discuss dance works with the jury, so dance group’s teachers and solo artists will get a chance to ask a question in live broadcast. We will provide you with a direct link for access (only for the dance teams` leaders, solo artists and teachers).
- The online voting will be available in our official group in Facebook and VK. The results will be announced at the Gala of the Festival. The winner will be awarded with prize.
- Our moderator will accompany the audience during the competition, charging them with positive emotions and energy.
- Paper Diplomas, cups and memorable presents (medals) are mailed approximately within 7 working days after the competition date.
26 September – Competition Day
09:00 – 09:15 (GMT+3, Moscow time) – Opening of the International Online Dance Festival ART Life (YouTube channel of Baltic Pearl Creative Association)
09:15 – 20:00 (GMT+3, Moscow time) – The International Online Dance Festival ART Life (YouTube channel of Baltic Pearl Creative Association - you will receive a direct link after applying for participation)
− Live stream of the jury during the Competition - the international jury will view and evaluate all performances (dance works) in real-time.
− Dance sections are formed according to nominations and age divisions.
12:00 – 14:00 (GMT+3, Moscow time) – The online conference (webinar) with the jury. Each dance group’s teacher and solo artist will get a chance to ask a question in live broadcast and discuss your dance performances. We will provide you with direct link on Zoom for an access (only for the dance teams` leaders, solo artists and teachers).
17:00 – 18:30 (GMT+3, Moscow time) – Gala concert and awarding ceremony of the International Online Dance Festival ART Life (YouTube channel of Baltic Pearl Creative Association)
− Announcement of the Grand Prix winner, the winners of prize «the best dance work» and «high performing skills», the winner in online voting in our official group in Facebook and VK
− Grand Prix - A FREE trip (including accommodation) to one of the next International Dance Festival (Art Planet in Saint Petersburg, Volga Cup in Kazan, Slavic Gems in Minsk, Baltic Palette in Tallinn or Kremlin Stars in Moscow)
− And official Diploma for each participant!