Director: Valerijus Vilcinskas
Tangier is a city in northwestern Morocco. It is on the Maghreb coast at the western entrance to the Strait of Gibraltar, where the Mediterranean Sea meets the Atlantic Ocean off Cape Spartel. The town is the capital of the Tanger-Tetouan-Al Hoceima region, as well as the Tangier-Assilah prefecture of Morocco.
Many civilisations and cultures have influenced the history of Tangier, starting from before the 10th century BCE. Between the period of being a strategic Berber town and then a Phoenician trading center to the independence era around the 1950s, Tangier was a nexus for many cultures. In 1923, it was considered as having international status by foreign colonial powers and became a destination for many European and American diplomats, spies, writers and businessmen.
The city is undergoing rapid development and modernisation. Projects include tourism projects along the bay, a modern business district called Tangier City Centre, an airport terminal, and a football stadium. Tangier's economy is set to benefit greatly from the Tanger-Med port.
Conditions for participation:
- Performance of a free program for 30 minutes.
- Performance at open and closing ceremony presentation of country 5 minutes.
- Groups from all over the world and Europe can participate in the festival.
- Folk dance groups, folklore instruments, music groups folklore songs, folkloric, fairy tales, rituals any arts
- Age participants 12+
- Maximum 40 people
- Bring small gifts for exchange, national flags, visible panels of group names.
- Provide brief history, photos, video and material for advertising of groups.
- Participation at interchange culture workshops, lectures, exhibitions
- After receiving the application form and completion of advance payment, the organizer will send an official letter of invitation for participation in the festival.
- Balance of the payment in the festival should be completed 90 days prior to arrival.
- Arrival at nearest Tanger airport Morocco where all groups will be met and transfer to hotel in Asilah
- 20 paying participants + 1 free of charge
360 Euro per person - accommodation in 3* hotel for 5 DAYS / 4 NIGHTS on-base BB
20 paying participants + 1 free of charge
Participation fee includes:
- Organization and implementation of the festival;
- Performance of all groups at art center Asilah and
- Tour to Tanger.
- Diploma and certificate for all participants;
- Hotel, and breakfast
- Stage with sound and lighting equipment;
- Official group photo and DVD of group on departure;
- Bus transfers airport - hotel - airport;
- Culture workshops, exhibitions, lectures, films;
- Marketing expenses.
Participation fee doesn't include:
Tour to Chefchaouen with guide
Tour to Rabat with a guide.
Arrival all participants to TANGER. Meet & greet by representatives of the festival at TANGER airport
Sightseeing to TANGER.
06 October - Friday
Breakfast at the hotel.
19:00 - Open ceremony for festival, presentation each country participant 5-10 min presentation delegation folkloric dance, music, song, poem, instrument etc. on their free choice.
All groups perform in their national costumes. Grant fiesta - fellowship.
Diner and Meeting ASILAH officials.
07 October - Saturday
09:00 - 10:00 Breakfast at the hotel.
11:00 - 15:00 Culture exchange workshops..
18:00 - 23:00 Grand performance of all groups main stage of the festival set up by the organizer of the festival at art center
08 October - Sunday
09:00 - 10:00 Breakfast at the hotel /TRIP BY REQUEST/. Free time, culture workshops, support local art-purchase souvenirs, lectures,
18:00 Closing ceremony of the festival. Awards of diplomas, fellowship.
“Arabian disco” local DJ, with Morocco tea ceremony. Dinner.
09 October - Monday
07:00 Breakfast at the hotel..