Litohoro - Platamonas Greece
Director: Mr. Panagiotis Pagonidis
20th International Folk Festival SOUTH PIERIA - GREECELitohoro - Platamonas
From August 20th till August 25th, 2020 (6 days)
The festival will be held in Litohoro and Platamonas, South Pieria (90 km from Thessaloniki), the land of the ancient Thracian tribe “Pieres” and the Muses, on the flanks of famous Mount Olympus. The surrounding area is the mythological residence of the ancient Greek pantheon, close to the exquisite coasts of the blue Aegean Sea. The pleasant Mediterranean climate and hospitality of the people is a guarantee for a memorable stay in our municipality. It is an ideal tourist destination, gathers archaeological, cultural and environmental interest.
Our previous Festivals in North, Central and South Pieria, our homeland, had big success as we welcomed groups and representatives of more than ten countries in each Festival. We expect that the 18th International festival in the area and the 4th in official cooperation with the Municipality of Dion Olympus will have the same and larger success and will provide to the participants opportunities to learn about different cultures and people, create new friendships, exchange experiences and contacts with other folk groups. Furthermore, during your stay you will have the pleasure to enjoy the Greek hospitality, the crystal blue sea and a bright Greek sun.
- Traditional folk dance groups and folk song groups/choir/.
- Classical or Marching Band and Majorettes/Orchestras
Conditions for participation:
- Number and age of participants is not limited. Number of participating groups is limited.
- Each group should bring a flag of their country and if available, a board with the name of their group.
- The group should prepare from 10 to 12 minutes program accompanied by their own orchestra or CD/flash.
- 152 Euro per person in 1 * - 2** hotels.
- 178 Euro per person in 3 *** hotel
Participation fee includes:
- 6 days (5 nights) (half board - breakfast and dinner - in triple rooms) by the seaside of Pieria
- Hotels are located in Paralia beach, Olympic beach, Korinos beach, Leprokaya, Platamonas.
- Traditional Greek Party and Greek dance lessons exclusively for all the participant groups
- Sandwiches after performances - Certificates – memorial gifts - photos - video
- Every 25 participants, one person is free charge (24+1 free of charge).
Participation fee does not include:
- Extra nights:
- 32 Euro per person, per day in 1-2** hotels (half board in triple rooms).
- 37 Euro per person, per day in 3*** hotels.
- There is also the possibility for fewer nights.
- Accommodation in double rooms, in case of availability, will cost an extra seven (7) Euros a day per person.
- Optional Tours. Seasonal prices vary according to the number of participants. Such tours will be available at your convenience. Special list of daily excursions will be delivered one month before arrival.
- First aid and emergency support will be provided, but medical services must be covered by the group. The participant’s safety is on his/her personal responsibility.
20/8/2020: Day of arrival - Check in at hotel from 01:00 p.m. – The rest of the total amount for the group, must be paid on this day - A detailed program and a person in charge will be provided to each group. Free time for optional activities, swimming, walk to the market and clubs. - Dinner.
21/8/2020: Breakfast – All day free, for rest, optional activities - Party (Glenti) free charge at 08:30 p.m. for all the groups with traditional Greek and European music, traditional dance lessons, gifts will be offered from Organizers – Your dinner will be served in party place.
22/8/2020: Breakfast - Free day from morning till noon-Optional excursion – Midday meal. - Departure from hotel at 7:00 p.m. dressed in traditional costumes and transfer to the place where the show will be held. .Gifts will be offered to you by the local Municipality before the performance. During the performance water and sandwiches will be offered.
23/8/2020: Breakfast - Free day from morning till noon - Optional excursion – Midday meal - Departure from hotel at 7:00 p.m. dressed in traditional costumes and transfer to the place where the show will be held. Gifts will be offered to you by the local Municipality before the performance. During the performance water and sandwiches will be offered.
24/8/2020: Breakfast – All day free, for rest and optional activities - Optional excursion in Pieria sights organized by the organizers - Dinner.
25/8/2020: Breakfast - Departure of the groups.
- Hiking in Mt. Olympus
- Cruise to the beautiful South Pieria coastline.
- City of Thessaloniki
- Islands Skiathos and Skopelos.
- Archaeological sites of Dion and Vergina.
- Traditional Greek villages
- Certificates of participation will be given.
- Official invitation letter will be provided and other documents if needed.
- The program of the festival could be changed by the organizers, should is needed.
- We can arrange and give you offers for all your transfers and the optional excursions.
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.