Adults Childrens's Competitive nature Choirs / Songs Orchestras Authentic Processed Styled
Director: Yuriy Spiridovich
"TALENTS OF THE 21 CENTURY"
02.07.2022 - 07.07.2022
Objective of the competition:
- the creation of a platform for artistic communication, making and strengthening friendships between talents from different countries around the world, bolstering cultural exchange;
- stimulating the integration of world music cultures and enriching the repertoire of instrumental and vocal performances;
- development of traditions of the national music cultures;
- A – Mixed choirs (adults) – all members of the choir must be aged above 18;
- B1 – Homogeneous choirs – men – all members of the choir must be aged above 18; (at least 16 participants)
- B2 - Homogeneous choirs – women – all members of the choir must be aged above 18; (at least 16 participants)
- B - Youth choirs - all members of the choir must be aged between 14 and 19; (at least 20 participants)
- D – Children’s choirs - all members of the choir must be aged below 15; (at least 20 participants)
- E – Chamber choirs (no age limitations) 12-24 participants
- S – Adult choirs (at least 60% of the participants aged 60 and above) more than 20 participants
- F – Vocal and choir groups of 12 participants
In addition, the rule that 15% of the choir members can be older or younger than the above mentioned ages applies. In such a case, however, you are obliged to inform the organisational committee in a written form.
The stage performance, including going up and down the stage, must not exceed 15 minutes (the singing itself must not be longer than 13 minutes); each choir must provide a programme of 4 songs.
1st work – a spiritual/classic work, which was written before the 19th century
2nd work – a folklore song or an arranged one
3rd work– a work by a composer who was born in the 20th century
4th work – at the participants’ choice
Participants in the competition are school, amateur, unprofessional and professional groups from different countries around the world, working in the genre of instrumental art:
- in terms of composition: symphonic, chamber, folklore, brass, pop and jazz
- in terms of age: children’s category (from 7 to 16 years of age),
- youth category (from 17 to 30 years),
- adults’ category (31 years and above);
- the adults’ group can include participants of other ages, on condition that they account for no more than 20% of the group;
- in terms of the number of participants: the ensemble must consist of at least 3 (three) people, the orchestra must consist of at least 10 (ten) people, there are no other limitations as to the number of participants.
The competition programme must consist of at least two varied works at the choice of the group. The total time of the performance must be no longer than 10 minutes concerning the ensembles and 15 minutes with regard to the orchestras. The competition programme must reflect the style of the respective group, the main themes and genres of its artistic work, must demonstrate the performance qualities and the skills of the musicians.
Groups are encouraged to include a song (but one at the most) performed by a soloist (or soloists) together with an orchestra.
No sound records are allowed!
The announcement of the competition results and the rewarding of all participants in the competition will occur at the gala concert of the closing ceremony. Neither diplomas will be issued, nor will any results be announced before the gala concert. Diplomas and prizes will not be sent to the participants after the competition.
The jury will present the prize winners in each nomination at the gala concert of the closing ceremony.
- a brief annotation of the choir, orchestra and their conductor;
- photos of the choir or the orchestra advertising them;
- a video recording of the performance of the choir or the orchestra or a link to their website, where they can be listened to
- а copy of the scores of the works they will perform, to be used by the jury.
- GRAND PRIX – 150.00 EUR and a golden statuette for the best soloist or ensemble
- The following prizes will be awarded per each category (there can be more than one prize winner per each place)
- 1st place: Golden Diploma, 2nd place: Silver Diploma, 3rd place – Bronze Diploma.
- The remaining teams will receive diplomas for their participation in the competition
Day 2: presentation of the groups and drawing lots
Day 3: competition programme
Day 4: master class
Day 5: gala concert and rewarding
Day 6: a check-out before noon
- 190 euro per person
Participation fee includes:
- accommodation at a hotel 3 stars - 5 nights
- meals, breakfasts and dinners
- participation in the competition
- master classes