Cultural and sports academy "Bambi" from Austria became the Absolute European Champion of folklore in 2018 in the X European Championship of Folklore "Euro folk". The championship was held in the period 28th of June till 8th of July in three Black sea towns - Nessebar, Pomorie and Sveti Vlas.
Ensemble won the Golden medal of the Championship as well as the Grand Prix Golden "Orpheus" and the cash prize of 1000 Euro, provided by the organizers. Dance group was one of the tenth nominees for the Grand Prix of "Euro folk" 2018.
The winner was chosen by the professional jury: Maestro Georgi Yankov - musical expert, Valentin Halvadzhiev - choreographer, Mariana Nutsova - ethnologist and program director of EurofolkTV. Arbitrator of the jury was Valko Lyubenov - director, choreographer, pedagogue, doctor Honoris Causa of Folk Music and Dance by Anstend University England, honorary cultural figure, Deputy Chairman of the Commission 6 to the International Organization for Folklore IOV - UNESCO. The jury judges according to the complexity and quality of the performance, vision and stage performance of the groups.
The second place and Silver "Orpheus", silver medal of the Championship and the title Absolute European vice champion were awarded to the Children's folklore dance ensemble "Gorda" from Batumi (Georgia) with artistic leader Ramaz Romanadze.
The third place, Bronze "Orpheus" and bronze medal were received by Vocal Ensemble "Otrada" from Nizhnevartovsk (Russia) with artistic leader Vasiliy Alatortsev.
During the official closing ceremony of the X European Championship of Folklore were also awarded 9 special prizes:
- "The youngest participant" - 7-years old Lizi Diasmanidze from Batumi (Georgia);
- Special award in category "Performance quality and technique" - Choir for Macedonian songs - Pleven (Bulgaria);
- Special award in category "Costumes and repertoire" - Children's dance group "Izvorche" and Female dance group "Svetlina" - Manastirishte village (Bulgaria);
- Special award in category "Stage presence" - Dance group "ShoplukA" - Varna (Bulgaria);
- Special award of Municipality of Nessebar - Diploma and gifts - Group "Codrenii" - Calarasi (Moldova);
- Special award of Municipality of Pomorie - Diploma, the sign of the Municipality of Pomorie and gifts - Children's dance group "Kitchitsa" and Group for folklore dances "Kitka" at Rakovski (Bulgaria);
- Special award of EurofolkTV - main media partner of the European Championship of Folklore "Euro folk" 2018 - Diploma and plaque of the television - Folklore group "Pey, sartse" - Pomorie (Bulgaria);
- Special award of the main organizer of the Championship - Euro Folk Academy - Diploma and plaque - Symphonic orchestra CDAR - TKC from Malaysia;
- Special award of the European Association of Folklore Festivals - EAFF, in which auspices the championship was held - Folklore dance group „Kand ja Kabid“ from Estonia.
All the groups received recommendations for participation in the World Championship of Folklore "World Folk" and gifts from Bulgaria.
This year, the participants in the European Championship of Folklore "Euro folk" 2018 were 65 groups with more than 1200 singers, dancers and musicians f rom 7 countries: Bulgaria, Russia, Moldova, Georgia, Estonia, Austria and Malaysia.
During the championship was also held "Meeting of nations". The accompanying event gave an opportunity to the participants from different countries to tell about their folklore, for its specifics, for their national costumes, songs and dances. Within 2 hours all the attendants had a lot of fun. At the end the danced a common Bulgarian chain-dance.
Participants' performances will be indluded in the thematic shows of Eurofolk TV and in dozens Bulgarian televisions - partners.
We are eagerly expecting the overview movie about the X European Championship of Folklore "Euro Folk" 2018
Photos of the event can be found on the EAFF Facebook page.