8 July 2019 Championships
Third age group of Dance group "Balgarche" at the "Trud i postoyanstvo 1901" Community center became the Absolute European Champion in 2019 from the XI European Championship of Folklore "Euro folk". Winner are from Chelopech village, Bulgaria. Artistic director of the group is Stanislav Stoykov, who expressed his gratitude to the organizers, to the jury and to all that support and appreciate the efforts of the dancers.
The ensemble received Golden medal of the Championship, Grand Prix Golden "Orpheus" as well as money prize in amount if 1000 Euro, provided by the organizers.
Participants were assessed by the professional jury: Maestro Georgi Yankov - musical expert, Valentin Halvadzhiev - choreographer and Mariana Nutsova - ethnologist and program director of Eurofolk TV.
The jury evaluated the groups according to the complexity and quality of performances, appearance and stage presence of the groups.
Folklore forum was held in the period June 27th - July 7th, divided in 4 concerts in three settlements on the Bulgarian Black Sea coast - Nessebar, Pomorie and Sveti Vlas. Special guests of the official awarding ceremony and the closing ceremony of the XI European Championship of Folklore "Euro folk" were Mr Sarvarbek Fozilyonov and Mr Jasurbek Shermuhammedov - representatives of the Ministry of Culture of Republic of Uzbekistan; Mrs Svetlana Spiridovich and Mr Yuriy Spiridovich from "XXI century" Association, who are also the main organizers of the World Cup of Folklore in Ukraine and the National Championship of Folklore "EUROFOLK", held annually in town Chernivtsi, Ukraine under the aegis of EAFF; Valko Lyubenov - director, choreographer, pedagogue, Doctor Honoris Causa of Folk Music and Dance by Ansted University UK, Deputy chairman of 6 Commission at the International organization of folklore art IOV World – UNESCO.
Second place in the competition, Silver "Orpheus", Silver medal and the title Absolute European Vice-Champion of Folklore in 2019 were awarded to Ensemble for songs and dances at the Culture Department of Tashkent Municipality - Uzbekistan. Artistic director of the ensemble is Hamroz Dekhkanov.
Third place, Bronze "Orpheus" and Bronze medal were awarded to Folklore dance ensemble "Vizerunki" from Poltava, Ukraine. Their artistic leader is Valeriy Shulika.
During the official closing ceremony of the XI European Championship of Folklore were awarded 8 special prizes.
- "The youngest participant" was 6-years old Nastya Borodina from Korotich, Ukraine. She received Diploma and gift, awarded by Mr Kaloyan Nikolov, president of EAFF.
- Special prize by criteria "Complexity and quality of performances" was given to Grozdan Ognyanov at the "Saznanie 1871" Community center from Sarnevo village, Bulgaria. Prize was given by the Chairman of the jury - Mr Georgi Yankov.
- Special prize of Nessebar Municipality was awarded to Vocal folklore group "Veselka" from Korotich, Ukraine. Artistic director Karina Vakulenko and the group received a Diploma for "Preservation, promotion and honorable presentation of folklore arts" and a gift set.
- The prize of Pomorie Municipality - Diploma for successful presentation in the XI European Championship of Folklore "Euro Folk" and a gift set were given to Group for folklore dances "Kitka" - Rakovski, Bulgaria. Artistic leaders of the group are Pavel Chalakov and Penko Dimitrov. Prizes were awarded by Mr Valko Lyubenov.
- Special prize of Sveti Vlas Town Hall was awarded to Ensemble for folklore dances "Vechinetseniy" at House of culture in Velchinets village, Republic of Moldova. Director of the group is Georgi Furkulitsa.
- The award of Eurofolk TV - main media partner of the European Championship of Folklore "Euro folk" 2019, was given to Dance group "Kitka" from Krumovgrad, Bulgaria. Program director of the media - Mrs Mariana Nutsova awarded the Diploma and the plaque of the television to the artistic leader of the group - Daniela Boyadzhieva.
- Special prize of the main organizer of the Championship - Euro Folk Academy, a Diploma and plaque were awarded to Group for authentic folklore "Zdravets" at "Sveti Georgi" Pensioners club from Pomorie, Bulgaria. Petka Zlatinova is the art director of the group.
- Special prize of the European Association of Folklore Festivals - EAFF, under whose auspices the event was held, was given to Folklore ensemble "Ternytsya" from Harkov, Ukraine. Artistic leader of the group is Lyudmila Bogutskaya.
Foreign groups received gifts provided by the organizers to remind them of the wonderful moments spent in Bulgaria.
The President of the European Association of Folklore Festivals - EAFF, Mr. Kaloyan Nikolov, formally closed the large folklore forum, saying to the guests, the participants and the audience: "The Championship has winners but no one is defeated because you all won from your participation in the folklore spreading."
XIth edition of the European Championship of Folklore "Euro folk" was closed with a cheerful Bulgarian circle dance with Bulgarian and foreign participants and guests.
You can check the photos from the event at the Facebook page of EAFF.