Absolute European Champion of Folklore for 2020 is Folklore choir to CYDE “Graovche” (Pernik, Bulgaria). By participating in the online contest with the songs “Devoyka e tsarni ochi klela” and “Zarad tebe libe”, the ensemble won a golden medal, Grand Prix "Golden Orpheus" and a prize of 1000 Euro in the form of voucher for future participation in the European Championship of Folklore "Euro Folk".
At the second place in the final ranking of the online edition is the Tambura Orchestra at the Music School “Dugo Selo”, Dugo Selo, Croatia. The performers of “Jutro u ravniciса” are awarded with silver medal, “Silver Orpheus”, diplomа "Vice-European Champion of Folklore for 2020", as well as a cash prize of 500 Euro in the form of voucher for the upcoming participation in the European Folklore Championship "Euro Folk".
With “Bronze Orpheus”, bronze medal and money prize of 300 Euro in the form of voucher for participation in the European Championship of Folklore “Euro folk” was awarded Mixed choir "Latgale" – Daugavpils, Latvia. The third in the final ranking of the forum competed in the online competition with the Latgalian folklore song “Visi ciema suņi rēja”.
The jury, composed of maestro Georgi Yankov - music specialist, Valentin Halvadzhiev - choreographer, Mariana Nutsova - ethnologist and program director of Eurofolk TV and Prof. Nikolay Kravtsov - Honored Artist in Russia, Dean of St. Petersburg Institut of Culture and Arts, awarded special prizes for the best performers according to the respective categories:
- Authentic costume - CFG "Balkanski buket" and CFG "Aprilski kambani" (Apriltsi, Bulgaria).
- Stage costume - KUD "Biser" (Velika Kladuša, Bosnia and Herzegovina).
- Contemporary arrangement - Vocal group "Iris" (Nov Grad (Odintsovo region) Russia).
- Artistry - "Dievcata" (Bratislava, Slovakia)
- Soloist - Madlen Chobanova (Sofia, Bulgaria)
- Video presentation - Ensemble “Arqavaneh” (Isfahan, Islamic Republic of Iran)
- Musical composition - Dario Cebic (Croatia)
- For preservation of the intangible cultural heritage - Folklore ensemble "ACIDAVA" (Piatra-Olt, Romania)
- Discovery - Valentin Emilov Todorov at "Emilian Stanev" Secondary School - (Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria)
- Award for continuity is given to - Dance ensemble “Milanovo” to “Probuda – 1927” Community center – Milanovo village, Municipality of Svoge, Bulgaria.
- Maestro Academician – Mariana Yankulova – artistic director of Folklore choir to CYFE “Graovche” and Folklore choir “Graovki” to CSPP - UCC – Pernik, Bulgaria; Dario Cebic – artistic director of Tambura orchestra at “Dugo Selo” Musical school, Dugo Selo, Croatia;
- Maestro – Anita Zarane – artistic director of Mixed choir "Latgale" – Daugavpils, Latvia .
The highly qualified jury also evaluated the groups, that meet the requirements according to the criteria:
Level of complexity and technique of performance - Duet Natalia Chokova, Darina Leleka (Nikolaev, Ukraine)
Presentation / costumes, props, staging, choice of repertoire / - Folklore group "Krakovienka" (Trebatice, Slovakia)
Stage behavior /behavior, stage manner, artistry/ - "Dolly" (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
The award of the audience deservedly goes to "UNITY IN DIVERSITY" Reiga to the University “Seni Religi Sebelas Maret” (Surakarta, Indonesia). The video of the performance of the ensemble has 3591 views and 1500 likes in YouTube.
The Special award of Eurofolk TV goes to Children's and youth dance ensemble "Kyustendilche" (Kyustendil, Bulgaria).The performers will be able to take advantage of free video recording. The organization and shooting of the video will take place with the participation of the winner of the award in the European Championship or World Championship of Folklore in the coming years.
The team of the European Association of Folklore Festivals provided an opportunity for exchange of impressions and ideas by holding an online meeting with the artistic directors of the participating groups and individual performers, which was joined bythe President of EAFF - Mr. Kaloyan Nikolov and the members of the jury.
Thanks to the virtual "stage" of the European Championship "Euro Folk" 2020, we managed to overcome the isolation and stay together in this challenge, because folklore has always been, is and will be shared knowledge!