Директор: Mr. Panagiotis Pagonidis
Αcross the island is Mykonos one of the most famous Greek Islands and Tinos Island where is Church of the Panayia, one of the most important Orthodox churches in Greece. Syros Island has an unusual character in contrast to the other islands thanks to its magnificent neoclassical architecture. Syros has a population of approximately 20 thousand Greek Orthodox as well as Catholic people. In Ano Syros is the church of St. George, the catholic cathedral, on its peak, in unchanged in time.
Is the island where Greek tradition and western influence come to a harmonious marriage. Ermoúpoli (meaning “the city of Hermes”) is the island’s capital town and has been the first important trade and industrial centre of the country in the 19th century. Evidence of this glorious past can be seen on public buildings (the City Hall, the Customs Office, “Apollo” theatre), on the neoclassical houses and at the beautiful squares. Due to its economic activity, Ermoúpoli has been called “Manchester of Greece” and the history of its years of blossom is exhibited in the Industrial Museum.
The great number of beautiful beaches will delight the sea and sand lovers: Vári, Foínikas, Yalissás and Kíni, as well as Possidonia or Dellagrazia, the beach of a village with many neoclassical mansions with colourful orchards. You can visit www.siros.gr & www.syrosisland.gr
We expect that the 2nd International festival in the area, in official cooperation with the Municipality of Syros, will have also big success as the first one and will provide to the participants opportunities to learn about different cultures and people, create new friendships, exchange experiences and contacts with other folk groups. Furthermore, during your stay you will have the pleasure to enjoy the Greek hospitality, the crystal blue sea and a bright Greek sun.
Participants in the festival:
- Traditional folk dance groups and folk song groups /choir/.
- Classical or Marching Band and Majorettes/Orchestras
Conditions for participation:
- Number and age of participants is not limited.
- Number of participating groups is limited.
- Each group should bring a flag of their country and if available, a board with the name of their group.
- The group should prepare from 10 to 12 minutes program accompanied by their own orchestra or CD/FLASH.
- 182 Euro per person for 4 days (3 nights)
- 218 Euro per person for 5 days (4 nights)
Participation fee includes:
- Accommodation in marvelous 4 star Hotel Dimare (https://dimaresyros.com) by the seaside.
Breakfasts all days and one dinner - in three & four bed rooms
- Free transport from the port or the airport to your hotel.
- Free transport from your hotel to the performance place.
- 3 Free tours – excursions with guide to Ermoupoli city – Ano Syros and round the Island.
- Free Traditional party and Greek dance lessons exclusively for all the participant groups.
- Every 30 participants, one is free.
Participation fee does not include:
- For prolonged stay, each day costs 42 Euro per person, with breakfast.
- Accommodation in double rooms, in case of availability, will cost an extra seven (7) Euros a day per person, ΗΒ. Extra meals in hotel cost 12 euro per person
- Ferry tickets from port of Piraeus, which can be arranged from us with cost 40 euro per person round trip. Bus ticket is free charge if the group is over 30 people.
- First aid and emergency support will be provided, but medical services must be covered by the group. The participant’s safety is on his/her personal responsibility.
Program of the festival:
9/7/2020: Day of arrival - Check in at hotel from 01:00 p.m. – The rest of the total amount for the group, must be paid on this day - A detailed program and a person in charge will be provided to each group. Free time for rest, optional activities, explore the Island, swimming and walk to the market and clubs.
10/7/2020: Breakfast - Free day from morning till noon – Free charge excursion to Ermoupoli – Departure from hotel at 7:00 p.m. dressed in traditional costumes and transfer to the place where the show will be held. Gifts will be offered to you by the local Municipality during the performance. During the performance water and traditional Greek delicacies - sweets will be offered.
11/7/2020: Breakfast - Free charge excursion to Ano Syros - Party (Glenti) free charge at 08:30 p.m. for all the groups with traditional Greek and European music and dances, dance lessons, gifts from FOLKWAY Organization – Your dinner will be served in party place.
12/7/2020: Breakfast – Free charge excursion to the Island most beautiful sights – The rest of the day free, for rest, optional activities, shopping – swimming at the beach.
13/7/2020: Breakfast - Departure of the groups.
* Certificates of participation will be given
** Official Invitation letter will be provided and any help for visa documents if requested by the group.
*** The program of the festival could be changed by the organizers, should is needed
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.
As a next step, 60% of the total amount should be paid before March 30th 2020, to secure your entry. Upon receiving your payment, an invitation letter will be sent to you. The rest of the total amount for the group must be received on the day of your arrival in Syros Island or by bank transfer in the same account 30 days before the arrival day. In case of cancellation no refund is given.